The terms and conditions of Total Piano Care apply to every page of our site at https://www.total-piano-care.com.
Please scroll to the very bottom of this page to access the Terms & Conditions of the Online Piano Valuation Service.
While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date. All information contained within this website is subject to change without notice.
The materials contained on this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter.
Total-Piano-Care.com does not accept any responsibility for any damages and/or losses which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site.
This website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, that includes but is not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this website are prohibited unless the prior written permission of Total-Piano-Care.com has been obtained. Please Contact Us if you want to use the content (text, images, videos) displayed on this site.
The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of Total-Piano-Care.com.
Some links within this website may lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties, including but not limited to 3rd party affiliates, of which we may or may not receive compensation for the purchase of their products. Total-Piano-Care.com includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents.
-- Website Sales & Order Policy --
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS must add an additional 8.75% sales tax to prices on merchandise. Sales of services of product(s) requiring installation by a trained professional, including but not limited to Dampp-Chaser systems and components, automatic player piano systems, and optical midi keyboard sensors, are not taxed, whereas the products itself may be taxed, depending on the state where you reside.
By placing an order, you are agreeing to our ORDER POLICY, at the time of your payment being sent to Total Piano Care.
All sales are final. Absolutely no substitutions, exchanges, refunds, or product changes are granted after a shipment is initiated to you or an order recipient.
Piano Benches: Most benches weigh over 25+lbs. and result in high shipping costs. We uphold and honor our 1-year parts and labor warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. However, we do not tolerate any abuse of this policy and on the part of owners, and/or any negligence on the part of owners, after a bench has been received by you and used, and is later returned back to us worn, scratched, beat up, or gouged, from the date of purchase.
ALL ELECTRONICS: Any and all electronics sold by Total Piano Care are required to be plugged into a surge protector to be covered under any guarantee that we offer. No exceptions. Most electronics that we sell come with a standard 90-day parts guarantee against any defects in workmanship or power failues. Electronics not plugged into a surge protector, however, are not covered under any parts guarantee, and hereby have no protection as we cannot be held responsible for power surges. We generally test electronics to make sure they are working properly before we ship them out, whereas these are never sent out without being tested first. New in Sealed Box ("NISB") only applies to products sold and shipped by 3rd parties, otherwise, Total Piano Care always tests the electronics that we ship out directly to our customers.
All Orders: Packages or pianos not received or refused at the time of delivery that are returned back to us, are subject to a 15% restocking fee, and 25% on all string covers and piano covers, plus all return shipping costs. No exceptions. This also includes shipped packages or pianos not received or that are refused at the time of delivery, that are returned back to us.
Custom Made Orders: No refunds or exchanges on custom made items such as string covers or piano covers. All items in the Sample Video on the string covers page are not available, such as a key cover, multiple string cover colors, and multiple stitch patterns. The only colors and stitch patterns that are available are contained within the String Cover web page images shown. Piano key covers are not offered at anytime, from 2014 forward.
Shipping: We are not responsible for misdirected or undelivered packages from logistics providers such as UPS, USPS, or FedEx, whereas the Customer is responsible for paying for any additional shipping costs, in the event a package is not received, missing, or is delivered to the wrong address at the time of delivery.
Large Purchases: Orders over $550 require a signed invoice by the client before item(s) are shipped out and delivered to the customer, at our sole discretion with no exceptions.
Warranty Claims: Please read our Warranty Information page that addresses what specific parts are covered under any warranty, or guarantee, that is offered with some of the pianos we sell.
All sales are final. Exchanges are accepted within three (3) days of purchase,
minus a 15% restocking fee on all items, however, a 25% restocking fee applies to all custom items such as string covers and piano covers,
.Customer agrees to pay the shipping costs
back to Total Piano Care of any merchandise returned, including all piano sales and warranty claims. Refunds or exchanges are only granted once the item is finally returned back to us in excellent condition with no damage(s) and/or scratches and are accepted back - according to our sole discretion. Once the item is received and accepted back does the restocking fee apply.
Please call (909) 784-KEYS (5397) if you have any questions, before placing an order.
We will not redistribute ANY personal information, email-addresses, usernames, or any other type of information you submit to Total-Piano-Care.com at our website, blog or forums.
We use third-party advertising companies to display ads when you visit our website.
These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Google and the DoubleClick DART cookie:
Like many other Web sites, Total-Piano-Care.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, your type of browser, your Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Total-Piano-Care.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Affiliate Links & 3rd Party Affiliate Links: Some of the products we offer on our site pay a commission to us when a visitor clicks on the affiliate link and is directed to a 3rd party website, outside of Total-Piano-Care.com, in order to make purchase. You hereby agree to Total Piano Care receiving a commission for any products purchased through these affiliate links when you visit our website.
The following terms and conditions are agreed upon between the purchaser of the Online Piano Valuation Service and Total-Piano-Care.com ("the Service"), and are subject to change without notice.
1. The purchaser ('Client") of the Online Piano Valuation Service understands and agrees that all valuations are intended to be an estimate only, as a starting point of reference only, in determining a piano's current estimated market value. This estimated value is based on a combination of (1) our subjective professional opinion, (2) your comments submitted to us, (3) present market conditions in North America, (4) published price guides, (5) wholesale prices, (6) manufacturer suggested retail list prices (MSRP), (7) dealer list prices, (8) local and national auction listings, (9) the internet, (10) comparable sales of similar new or used pianos published online.
Only through a comprehensive inspection made by a qualified piano technician on-site of the piano, can an accurate evaluation, assessment, and appraisal be made.
A piano's market value is determined by several factors, including but not limited to a piano's manufacturer, age, overall condition (e.g. structural components, cabinet, cast iron plate, pinblock, soundboard, bridges, inner working parts, etc.), type, size, grade, placement of the piano within a physical structure, geographic location, market demand, and rarity, all of which can vary greatly in different locations and situations.
Without actually viewing the piano in person, Total-Piano-Care.com can only give a reasonable estimate, based on your comments submitted to us through the online evaluation form.
2. The valuation estimates given to Customers are based on the articulated condition of the musical instrument as reported to Total-Piano-Care.com, described by the person paying for the service. The musical instrument has not been examined by Total-Piano-Care.com in person -- regardless of whether pictures and/or videos are sent to us of the piano.
Total-Piano-Care.com is not liable for ANY failure to ascertain or disclose any condition of the musical instrument, and/or to provide a signed or a hard copy certification relating to the piano under evaluation.
3. Statements of valuation of the musical instrument are based on the sole opinion of Total-Piano-Care.com at the time of the valuation. Changes in general economic conditions and changes in the used piano market from any cause, including local piano dealers' importation of used musical instruments from various geographical locations, which may change the market value of a piano in question.
4. By using this service you understand that the information and values provided by Total-Piano-Care.com are simply an opinion of value, based on the information you provide to us, and do not in any way guarantee or certify the genuineness or authenticity of your instrument.
5. Pianos owned by celebrities, both past and present, may be valued for a higher amount, given their celebrity and/or historical value. Orders placed through the regular 24 hour or 5 day valuation service exclude extended research and documentation that may justify a higher valuation, based on past sales of a similar model or celebrity ownership.
6. Total-Piano-Care.com cannot guarantee a particular piano can or will be sold at a particular price, or that the musical instrument will retain the appraised value for an indefinite period of time.
7. The statements and opinions of the Online Piano Valuation Service are those of Total-Piano-Care.com. Variations of opinion are expected to differ between different valuation and appraisal service providers.
8. Total-Piano-Care.com makes no representations that purchase or sale of the piano at the value stated in the valuation is advisable or will satisfy the particular needs and/or purposes of the client.
9. Total-Piano-Care is under no obligation to contact piano manufacturers or other piano companies to verify the information submitted to us, to identify the piano's age, serial number, production date, or other status.
10. Total-Piano-Care.com shall not be held liable for changes in the value of your piano caused by changes in the condition of the musical instrument following the valuation service. Moisture, heat, water, humidity, sunlight, and conditions present in different structures, buildings, and environments may affect the sound and condition of the piano.
11. Pianos Donated to Charitable Organizations. Piano(s) donated by the Client to a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization that require an appraisal, as outlined in IRS Publication 526, fall outside of the general scope of the Online Piano Valuation Service.
Total-Piano-Care.com and its representatives DOES NOT SIGN NOR AGREES TO SIGN IRS Form 8283 that requires all parties involved to fill out and sign, that includes a qualified piano technician or professional appraiser to inspect the piano in-person in order to sign the form. We encourage you to seek out a local, qualified piano technician in your region who can provide a thorough, physical inspection of the piano, in order to sign the IRS Form. Total-Piano-Care.com
does not provide, nor represent to provide, any tax or legal advice. We
encourage you to speak with a licensed attorney or CPA to discuss your
legal rights and obligations in connection with your piano donation.
12. The valuation delivery option you choose (5 days or 24 hours), shall commence AFTER the following three (3) actions have been completed by you, the customer. Your (1) online payment, (2) required information about the piano submitted via the Customer Piano Evaluation form, and any (3) requested pictures and/or video of the piano, received by Total-Piano-Care.com, whichever comes last, during our normal business hours of 10:00am to 5pm PST (Pacific Standard Time), Monday through Saturday. No valuations shall be received, or sent, on Sunday.
Receipt of ANY of these three (3) items outside of our normal business hours shall be counted as being received the following business day.
If we must request additional information from you, to help us form a more complete and accurate picture of the piano in question, you agree to allow us an additional 24 hours before your valuation's delivery, upon our receipt of said information.
13. We ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE that you send well-lighted, close up, and detailed PICTURES and/or VIDEO(S) of the piano's interior condition and exterior condition -- without any exceptions -- along with the Customer Piano Evaluation form to use the Online Piano Valuation Service. If you are unable to send pictures and videos of your piano, even via a cell phone to our e-mail address or phone number (see below, or see the Valuation Order page), we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund your payment.
If we have ANY REASON TO BELIEVE the pictures or VIDEOS you have sent of the piano are INSUFFICIENT FOR ANY REASON, or your request is for a fraudulent purpose, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund your payment and/or request more pictures and/or videos of the piano.
13b) 24-Hour Request Exception: (1) Pianos over 80 years of age, and/or (2) pianos subject to any kind of physical damage - by water, moisture, fire, smoke, or actual physical breakage (e.g. dropped by movers, broken pieces, missing minor or major structural components, etc.) - shall be evaluated within 24 hours to 48 hours, or longer, with no exceptions.
14. Estimates are provided in U.S. Dollar currency ONLY and shall not be converted to any other currency, at the request of the client.
15. Due to any internet, misspelling, or technical issues which can arise from time to time, if you do not receive your valuation within 24 hours or 5 days at the e-mail you have provided us, you agree to contact us at our e-mail: TotalPianoCare [at] gmail [dot] com AND by phone at (909) 784-5397 to help alert us to this incident.
15. A valuation is delivered as-is with no expressed or implied warranties of any kind, other than those mandated by law.
16. You understand and agree to defend, indemnify, release from any liabilities, and to hold harmless Total-Piano-Care.com for any liabilities, losses, or damages - direct or indirect, tangible or intangible - arising from any inaccurate estimates, valuations, and/or appraisals.
17. There are no refunds granted for the Online Piano Valuation Service. All sales are final.
18. Orphaned Valuation Inquiries: If we do not hear from you via phone or e-mail (see #11, paragraph 4) within 7 days after receiving your payment, or we do not receive the required information from you to complete your piano valuation, within 7 days of your payment, we are under no obligation to complete your valuation, except when required by law. Your payment will not be refunded after 30 days of its receipt. We can at our sole discretion, however, choose to reopen your valuation inquiry, within 60 days of your payment, and no later, providing the necessary information is sent to us promptly within 48 hours of your e-mail or phone call.
If you choose the 24-hour option, and you do not send us the required information to complete your valuation within 24 hours of your payment, we reserve the right to complete your valuation up to 48-hours after your information is received, via e-mail.
We reserve the right to refuse your valuation inquiry or reapplication, within 5 business days of its receipt. We shall contact you via e-mail or a phone call to inform you of this decision.
19. This site is created and controlled by Total-Piano-Care.com under the laws of the state of California, as stated in the venue clause seen below the Online Piano Valuation Service Terms and Conditions.
You agree that any disputes, lawsuits, or other claims related to your use of this site, including transactions entered into through this site, will be resolved exclusively under the laws of Riverside, CA in the federal or state court system therein. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of resolving any such disputes, suits or claims.
Terms of Service: On-Site Piano Service
-- CONTRACT --
Date / Time: __________________
I, _________________ (“the Client”) am satisfied with the completion of the service work performed on the piano listed here (“piano”):
Serial Number: __________________
I agree to release from any liability, to hold harmless, and to indemnify _________________________ (“the Company” or "piano technician") from any liability or injury resulting from the use of my piano after the piano technician has departed from the Client’s address as listed in thsi contract.
I understand that any pitch correction originating at more than 5 cents flat or sharp of A440hz has been performed, requires that my piano MUST be re-tuned again within 4 to 6 months.
In addition, ANY pitch correction over or under 20 cents sharp or flat of A440hz requires that my piano MUST be tuned again within 30 to 60 days for the best tuning stability.
Furthermore, I understand the Company offers no warranty on any tuning with the average pitch originating at more than than 5 cents flat or sharp of A440hz.
The Client agrees to thoroughly examine any service work completed and understand if the Client later find anything wrong with the sound or condition of the piano, the Client is responsible for the cost of a Return Service Call (>$85), plus parts (>$1.00), for the piano technician to return and adjust ANY component on my piano listed above.
Returned checks are subject to a $25 fee for non-sufficient funds (NSF).
The Client agrees to reimburse The Company for any attorneys' fees, legal, and/or court costs associated with any disputes over this agreement. Any disputes over this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of California and the city of Riverside, CA, U.S.A.
-- Venue Clause --
Any disputes related to the terms and conditions stated on this website shall be governed by the laws of California in Riverside, CA, USA.